Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's that time again

We are issuing report cards next week. Of course all I hear now is:

Mrs. M, can I see my grade?
Mrs. M, is there any extra credit?
Um, yeah. What can I turn in?

I've even had students trying to turn in work from the second week of school. You have to be kidding me!

My air is out again and the mildew is creeping back up through my carpets. EEEWWW. I think that it's making me sick. Seriously. It rained today and boy oh boy was it stuffy.

I let my 9th graders listen to some slam poetry. (Saul Williams and Taylor Mali) They fell in love. I can't believe that only one of them had ever heard slam. That's ridiculous. I am so happy that I shared it with them. I'm on the hunt for more pg rated slam. Taylor's didn't have any curse words but Saul did use shit. It didn't bother them at all. In fact, they claimed that shit enhanced the poem.

I have mentioned how crazy they are haven't I?

No comments: