Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm back...

though I never really left. I felt like I needed a break to get myself organized and on track. I've started journaling on scraps of paper and that's not good (I wouldn't want anyone to find those random vents:)).

School is going well. I'm still not in love with my 9th graders but I do at least like them now. I caught half of them cheating and now they are all having "come to Jesus" moments. They can't hold water now. Perhaps they're looking for extra credit points for honesty? I don't know.

We've started our common assessments and they are not going well. Why you ask? Well, we don't really teach the same thing. We have common planning. No one utters a word for 30 minutes and then we all crawl back into our rooms and do our own thing. I did make the effort to send out a mass e-mail requesting an overview of what everyone is teaching for the next unit. I figure that we can get one really good common quiz or something. It seemed to work. Only one teacher ignored my request.

My American Lit class fell in love with The Crucible. Either that or they just liked saying "hell" "whore" and "in the proper place where my beast are bedded". They are hilarious, that bunch.

Okay, I'm posting every night now. Love it or hate it.

1 comment:

Miss A said...

I'm glad you are back! Looking forward to hearing your adventures