Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ramblings...

I have to create three versions of my vocab test for Monday. I have one class with so many modifications that I'm hoping three will be enough. I'll start off with three, go back and review the modifications and add an additional version if I need to.

The kids are enjoying The Crucible. I'm a little shocked and dismayed by some of the people who want to read. As a result, we're plowing right through it (at the dismay of the American Lit team leader.)

"Oh, I just take my time and get deep in the storyline."

And I don't?

Explain to me how any American Lit teacher can justify not teaching Twain or any Realism and then we can discuss pacing okay? Okay.

I still don't love my freshmen. I called parents the other day and I've seen two of them change their behavior. Of course, they aren't the loudest or most talkative ones but hey, progress is progress.

No comments: