Saturday, August 18, 2007

I think I like it here

Alright, I'm staying. The school is cool and the kids are fine. The firewall is insane though! I have four department meetings each week but at least they're during school. You can't beat that.

My American Lit classes are starting off okay. We've already covered some Native American Lit and presented myths. I was a little bummed because none of them put any real effort into it. No one went above and beyond the directions even though I explicitly stated that they should. Because of that and some other things, I've decided that they will do at least two more presentations throughout the semester. We're covering Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God and the boys can not stand to sit with each other. Obviously too much testosterone bothers them. They begged me to move back to 2007 on Monday (we're currently in 1741.) I'm still not sure yet. We may remain that way until we're done with Puritan Lit.

My ninth graders have become the bain of my existence. It's really ridiculous how immature they are. Friday was their last day. I'm calling parents starting Monday. It's nothing disrespectful but I have them after lunch and they are just wired. Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk. Of course it's just the girls. But now it's to the point where they are bothering other students and I'm not having it.

Okay, I've done enough complaining. I feel so much better. Thanks for listening:))

3 comments:

Miss A said...

i understand completely!!! COMPLETELY!!!!

However, I love my 9th graders. I think its a process of falling in love with them. It appears that I have NOT scared them enough this year. I've got to work on that this week. I'll be calling parents as well. I get tired of calling parents.

Athena said...

Hang in there with 9th graders. I had 9th graders last year and have them again as 10th graders. They act all tough and self absorbed little you know whats. But really they are still little kids. And you can make them cry very easy. (Not that I ever did MAHAHAHA my evil laugh) All said, I volunteered to take them again. They grow on you. Athena

Mrs. M said...

I'm going to try really hard with them. However, I refuse to let them drive me crazy. I have three kids of my own so I'm already halfway there:))