Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Irregardless is not a word mommy!" This from my oldest, Anal-boy and middle girl gymnastics and softball star at the same time no less. Number crunching hubby had the television on NBATV (oh joy, summer league basketball) and one of the announcers used "irregardless" in a sentence. I could not stop laughing because:

1. They actually hired an announcer that would use that word on air.
2. Number cruncher husband didn't catch it but two of his children did.
3. They do listen to me!!!!

So you see my dear number crunching Accountant hubby, reading is fundamental. You may be able to balance our checkbook but I have taught my children to recognize when something just ain't right:))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that!

I had to sit through a college class with a professor who had 2 or 3 PhD degrees and used that non-word all the time. I cringed every time he said it.