Friday, July 13, 2007

Native American Lit

Although I asked for this prep, I've never taught American Lit before. I'm feeling guilty about Native American Lit. We're on a 4X4 and I already feel as if I'm rushing though it. I have 3 days scheduled and I know that's not enough. We're going to read a couple of myths and then create our own (in groups.) I'm going radical and letting them read a little Cochise and Charlot, if I can ever find the darn speech that I want. Charlot will be accompanied by Public Enemy's Fight the Power. Am I going to get fired? LOL.

3 days? Uggghhh!!!! Help!

2 comments:

Midwest Teacher said...

Is this for summer school or next year? I haven't heard of anything you mentioned in your post. GAH! So much to learn!

Mrs. M said...

This is for the fall. I report to work on 8/3 so I don't have much time left.

Don't fret, I didn't read them until my 3rd year in college! They were buried in an anthology.