Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mission Accomplished, well almost...

Native American Lit Unit? Check.

Puritan Unit (including The Crucible)? Check and minus

I'm almost done. Really. I think I can finish this thing over the weekend when we're NOT at the softball field. I really needed two units planned for American Lit and 9th grade before the school year starts. As soon as I finish this Puritan unit, I can concentrate on 9th grade. I'm actually thinking about cutting back on my little freshmen since we're starting with a short story unit. One thing may be enough for them.

Oh yeah, no one can tell me when to report to work. I looked over my new hire paperwork the other day and noticed three different start dates for teachers: 7/27, 7/31, and 8/3. Okay, let me call HR, specifically the woman in charge of high school teachers.

Clueless HR Rep: Your official hire date is 8/3
Mrs. M: I know, but what is this training date? It says technology training for new employees.
Clueless HR Rep: Your official hire date is 8/3.
Mrs. M: So I don't have to show up until 8/3?
Clueless HR Rep: I didn't say that.
Mrs. M: Well what the hell ARE you saying? Okay, I didn't say that but I did write it down while I was talking to her.
Clueless HR Rep: Call your principal and ask him if he wants you to go.
Mrs. M: Huh? If my principal has that much time on his hands, I don't think I want to work for him.

After I slapped myself in the face for accepting a job in this county...

Mrs. M: Hi Mrs. B, (principal's secretary) I hate to bother you but...
Mrs. B: Oh, it's no problem but I have no idea honey.
Mrs. M: Okay.
Mrs. B: They're so confused over there but I would advise you to go to the training on 7/27 because everyone needs to learn our new parent portal grading system.
Mrs. M: Sure, I'll do that.
Mrs. B: We're really a great system to work for!!!
Mrs. M: I'm sure. Ta ta. By the way, did that freak ever clear his junk out of my room?
Mrs. B: No, I think he's still waiting on you to finish it.

My HR rep is a fool who knows nothing. Woe is me.

No comments: