Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Raven

Since I couldn't sleep, I've been up since around 5 this morning. I watched a couple of things that we've recorded including HGTV's Design Star. I'm not ashamed to admit that I am Vern Yip's biggest fan. I met him in Atlanta and I was so excited that tears came to my eyes. Actually, number cruncher saw him and told me not to make a scene. Vern was so kind. Love him!

Anyhoo, since I have to report for technology training tomorrow, I decided to do something productive. When we were out of town, I set the DVR to record The Raven starring Vincent Price. (who else?) I pushed play and ran downstairs for a drink. When I returned number cruncher had two questions: 1. Why are you up so early in the morning? 2. Why do you continue to watch the weirdest things? Since he was sleeping when I left, I asked him how did he know the show was weird...

"I heard strange music and even stranger voices."

Well duh, it is Vincent Price you know. Haha, he could really care less. And because it's Vincent Price doing Poe, it's really bad. I've only watched about 15 minutes of it and I can't take any more. Why does his Poe stray so far from the actual storyline? I think I'll show the kids The Fall of the House of Usher instead. It's not great but it's much better than this. The director is Roger Corman. I've never heard of him but I hope this is not representative of his work!

No comments: