Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's about that time...

to start planning. I have two new preps this year and I figured out a way to save myself some time. I hadn't planned on teaching Lord of the Flies but since I taught it last semester and still have all my materials, I'm going for it. I even have a lit analysis in there somewhere. The novel does tie into the curriculum and it gives me time to develop some other things. And I do need ALL the time I can get. I've never taught 9th lit and composition so I really have nothing to go with.

I keep writing and writing but nothing is grabbing me at this point. I need something creative, jaw-dropping, and out of this world. Actually, I just need something that hits the standards and interests the kids enough to make them pay attention. Arrrrrgh!! What to do, what to do?

No comments: